Officina Naturae - The Company
The Officina Naturae is an Italian company that was founded in Rimini in 2004. Silvia Carlini and Pierluca Urbate, the two founders, are also members of the Fairtrade International. The two founders fulfilled their dream with the establishment of the company, after having gained experience working in the pharmaceutical chemical industry: to only produce eco-friendly cleansing agents with ethical and ecologically sustainable production and distribution methods.
All Officina Naturae and Solara products are designed to be both effective and safe on humans and the environment. Each and every detail in regard to a product's life cycle is based on continual research and innovation.
The production methods follow distinct principles:
- eco-friendly products with high quality standards
- simply formulations that have been tested for their effectiveness and safety for both humans and the environment
- ingredients obtained from plant or mineral raw materials - substances that are derived from substances that are of petrochemical or animal orgin, as well as artifical substances with harmful effects are not used.
- Italian raw material are used where possible in order to support local producers i.e. raw materials that stem from controlled organic farming ( such as brassica oil used for surfactants ). All other ingredients used are sourced from countries that actively support Fairtrade projects.
It is important to emphasize that Officina Naturae is the only Italian company that uses bioplastics for the production of their packaging. This material is obtained from sustainable cultivated sugar cane. Between October 2014 and December 2015, Officina Naturae has managed to save a remarkable 43 780 kg of CO2.
All the packaging used by Officina Naturae each have an ecological design, making them sustainable to:
- maintain the optimal ratio between size, volume and quantity
- ensure the minimum of resources are used
- decrease transportation volumes
- decrease CO2 contamination during transport
- take up less space in your cupboard
What connects Solara and Officina Naturae products is ecological sustainability. This has become a true trademark. The company places utmost importance on being 100% sustainable. This also encompasses:
- ethical values
- interpersonal relationships
- protection and recognition of these values and dignity of all people
- how money is managed
With the help of these principles, high-quality products are produced that safeguard health and safety, without endangering the future of generations to follow.
The company building was also renovated on the bases of ecological sustainability: insulation, energy conservation and reutilization. The following measures were taken into account:
- replacement fittings
- insulation of the ceiling and walls using panels made from recycled PET
- flooring from unused offices were reused
- installing 6kW photovoltaic panels made in Italy
- storage heating and ceiling beams
- natural wall paint
- installing a copper roof - durable and recyclable
- furniture made from scrap wood
- replacing old ovens with a condenser
- LED light bulbs used throughout the building
Officina Naturae: eco-friendly household cleaners that are effective, safe, organically certified and cruelty-free: Recommended for allergy sufferers and children's clothing. The ingredients used do not contain:
- petrochemical or animal derivatives
- synthetic fragrances, colourants or optical brighteners
Solara: Concentrated household cleaning agents that carry the ICEA and Organic certification and are cruelty-free. The surfactants are obtained from Italian raw plant materials that are effective, while posing a low environmental impact.
Greenatural Dishwashing Detergent Orange500 ml, 5 kgs, 10 kgs
€ 3,89 - € 50,99
- Highly concentrated
- Very economical
- ICEA certified
In stock4.3 (42)
- Protection for delicates during washing and spinning
- Prevents damage to the washing machine
- Prevents damage to other items of laundry
In stock4.8 (9)
claro Alpine Salt1 kg
- Practical, pyramid-shaped packaging
- Made in Austria
- High-quality salt
In stock5.0 (2)
claro Rinse Aid500 ml
- Prevents water stains
- Fast-drying action
In stock5.0 (2)