Tips: Cleaning the Living Room
The living room is often the space in which we spend most of our time relaxing, watching TV and socialising. Keeping it clean and tidy thus increases our overall well-being.
When it comes to keeping our homes clean and tidy, we need to follow some rules of thumb to prevent having to spend hours cleaning:
If you have small children - or pets for that matter - it is always wise to cover the sofa with a blanket. A wool blanket is recommended as it not only looks inviting but it’s super cosy too. Simply throw in the wash when stained or dirty.
The use of coasters or tablecloths saves time in having to wipe away any crumbs left over from breakfast or wiping away water deposits.
To prevent cleaning from becoming a chore, we advise breaking tidying up your living room into small tasks:
Set aside time to give your shelves a good dusting by removing all the books, ornaments, picture frames and such from the shelves are wiping them clean with a damp cloth. Some vacuum cleaners come with nifty attachments that can get the job done in a jiffy.
No household cleaning kit should be without a microfibre towel. Use this and a suitable cleaner - depending on what type of furniture you’re tackling - to wipe away and fingerprints, stains or other deposits. Save time, and especially effort, by first wiping windows clean with water before using a glass cleaner.
TV & Electronics
Caution must be taken when cleaning modern television because these television screens are very sensitive. Use special cleaning agents to prevent damaging the screen. Other electronics require a damp cloth at most. Remove a large amount of dust with a dry cloth, wipe away any stains with a wet cloth and finish with a dry cloth again.
- Carpets: Removes any dirt particles and dust with a vacuum cleaner. Stains can be eliminated with a baking soda and water mixture. Caution: never rum the mixture into the carpet - this drives the stain deeper into the fibres. Simply apply the mixture, wait a few minutes and wipe away.
- Laminated & Parquet: It’s important to note not to drench these types of floors in liquids. They only require minimal moisture.
- PVC Flooring & Tiles: An all-purpose cleaner is all you'll need to get rid of dust and stains. Place a small amount of the baking soda and water mixture between the tiles, leave on for a few minutes and wipe away and deposits.
Upholstery & Curtains
Wash your curtains according to the labelled instructions, and hang them while still a bit damp. This way, you'll save on having to iron them.
Sofa covers can be added to the wash. If they cannot be removed, use your vacuum cleaner with the appropriate attachment to remove any dirt deposits.
- Natural & organic
- Dermatologically tested
- GMO and palm oil free
In stock3.6 (8)
- Universally applicable
- High cleaning power
- Disinfecting effect
In stock4.7 (22)
- 500 ml, 5 kgs
€ 3,39 - € 24,89
- Highly concentrated
- Very economical
- ICEA certified
In stock4.5 (20)
- 2 l, 5 l, 10 l, 20 l
€ 9,79 - € 76,99
- Without enzymes & genetic engineering
- With organic lavender essential oil
- 100% biodegradable
In stock4.9 (63)Bestseller
Biolindo International Shopping Highlights
Free Delivery to Austria from € 47,90
1 free sample with every order
Secure Payment using SSL Encryption Technology